Today before going to hockey training I was really craving food. Not as in chocolate but as in the “carbs, veggies and protein but still sort of light combo” (aka pizza). Fresh tomato, mozzarella and bread, what can there be better? So, what do you do when pizza-hunger strikes but you don’t have time for the whole dough-making, letting rise and baking thing? Use bread. Ta-daah, bread pizza that smells so good you can’t wait to take it out of the oven. Super easy, fast and satisfying (maybe even healthy because of the veggies, the cheese and spelt bread?) student food. Can be made in the oven or even in the microwave. You want more? Make two or even three for a full dinner!
The bread is homemade by my aunt (still begging for the recipe because it’s really easy as well) and it’s simply covered with some tomato concentrate, a whiff of salt, tomatoes, oregano and mozzarella cheese
You know what’s missing? Yeeesss, something green! Basil would work perfectly on top and look even more appetizing, but I didn’t have any. And you know what? It didn’t matter…
…because it still was pretty freaking amazing. See those little green specks? That’s oregano (oh wait, I have something green now).
Anyone else who could use some
fake bread pizza right now? What are your favorite pre-workout foods?
Bread Pizza Tomato Mozzarella
For 3 bread pizzas this is what you need
3 slices of bread (preferably brown)
3 teaspoons tomato concentrate
1 fresh tomato
1 ball mozzarella
Optional: parmesan cheese
And this is how we do it:
1. When doing it in the microwave: toast the bread (if you use an oven, you can omit this step
2. Slice the washed tomato and mozzarella in thin slices
3. Slab one teaspoon of tomato concentrate on each slice of bread
4. Sprinkle with some salt
5. Layer on the tomatoes, sprinkle with some oregano and cover with 3 slices of cheese per bread (or as much as you want/can fit). Optionally sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
6. Stick into the oven at 180°C/ 350°F until the cheese is melted and golden brown (5-10 minutes, mine took about 8). Or microwave until the cheese is melted (but if you have an oven use it (!!!), it’s waaay better).
7. Enjoy hot!
This is my own recipe. Please do not use it commercially without my permission. When using it on your blog, please re-write it in your own words and link it to the source to give proper credit . 🙂 Thanks!