A week ago I found out that you can actually put snickers, mars and candy bars into your baking. Stupid me, where have I been all the time (honestly, I was so excited about it that I kept telling random people in my class about it and they were all like “oh yeah, I know”). Where have I been all my life??? To be honest, I coul probably live off snickers (but I recently found out that my mom did that too when she was studying so it’s probably hereditary) so when I found out that you could use them in even more ways nothing could’ve stopped me. The same evening I went to the supermarket and fun-size snickers were on sale (and this, people, is Karma). Although it’s totally irrational price-wise to buy the small ones instead of the big ones and way more plastic (huge downside), I decided to splurge for once and make some cookies to use up that lonely egg before going to visit my family.
These cookies were a huge success with friends and roomies alike, they’re superfast to make and yield A LOT of cookies. Plus, no one will notice if you eat one of those snickers while baking (or two, or even three, they’re so small it doesn’t count, right?)
Make a cookie dough with pieces of dark chocolate and chopped snickers inside.
The best part is definitely putting the snickers pieces on top of the cookies (and eating half of it straight from the cutting board…). Just be careful to space them out enough, cause they’ll become like this
Once it started smelling good in the kitchen, one of my roommates came out of his room and kept peaking at my baking sheets…but I still had to fotograph them (and since I am NOT artsy at all it took me ages and it still doesn’t look like I wanted it to, but hey, we’re students, right?) which led to me shifting around cookies in the kitchen and him watching me hawk-like from the table.
Ooey gooey molten snickers on super-crumbly cookies (because of all that butter…)
I basically forced him to have a glass of milk with it (since I can’t have any, someone else has to) and let me tell you, he didn’t regret it. Mmmmmh
Caramelized snickers cookies
This is what you need
250 g Butter at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 2/3 cups flour
2 ts baking powder
1 pck vanilla sugar or 1 ts vanilla extract
120g dark chocolate, cut into small pieces (or chocolate chips, if you can find them)
14 fun size snickers
And this is how we do it
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
2. In a large bowl and with an electric mixer, butter, egg and both sugars with vanilla sugar until creamy.
3. In an extra bowl, mix flour and baking powder
4. Add flour and baking powder into the mix and mix it in, but don’t overmix!! (My mom always said as soon as everything is blended in you can stop)
5. Chop approximately half of the snickers into pieces (I first cut them in half lengthwise and then cut the halves into smaller pieces) and add them to the dough with the chocolate pieces/chocolate chips.
6. Chill the dough for about 30 mins (you can leave this out but then it will be pretty sticky)
7. Roll the dough into small balls and place them on baking sheets lined with baking paper.
8. Cut the remaining snickers into pieces (I just sliced each of them a few times) and place one piece on each cookie, flattening it a little as you go
9. Put the cookies in the oven, bake for 10 mins. After these 10 minutes, rotate the baking sheets in the oven and let them bake for 3-4 more minutes. After this, turn out the oven and let them sit in the oven for another 3-5 minutes (if they aren’t baked enough, you can of course leave them in longer but be careful not to overbake). Then take them out and let them cool down.
10. Try not eating them all at once
This is my own recipe. Please do not use it commercially without my permission. When using it on your blog, please re-write it in your own words and link it to the source to give proper credit 🙂 Thanks!